The community events are conferences and community summits, proposed and organized by their own members. They are inside the 10th Internacional Free Software Forum’s schedule, which will be happening from June, 24th to 27th, at the PUCRS’s Event Center, located in Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil.
Call for Community Events
What are the Community Events?
The community events are conferences and gatherings of communities, proposed and organized by their own participants.
What is the purpose of Community Events?
Organize gatherings and meetings, projects, user groups and communities, helping to bring together everybody that is related to Free Software.
How can I register my Community Event?
First, make contact with the community that is tied to your event (Users Group, project, etc.). Define a theme, a program of activities, etc.
It is important for every community event to have its own page on the Internet, that we can refer to from the official webpage of International Free Software Forum. Every proponent must have autonomy to update all the necessary information about its own event. For those groups that cannot afford to pay for a webhost, get in touch with webmaster AT fisl DOT softwarelivre DOT org, then we'll try to find an alternative.
Registration Deadline: May 5st - 2009
The registration can be made sending an email to eventoscomunitarios2009 AT softwarelivre DOT org. It must contain the following information:
- Community/Project/Entity/User Group Name
- Personal Information on Community Event proponents (one to three persons)
- Phone (including country code and area code)
- Event Theme
- Expected audience (number of attendants)
- Time needed (one to three sessions maximum)
- Complete schedule of the Event
- Brief Description of all sessions
- URL of the event's page
Is there something more that I should know?
It is crucial to bear in mind the following orientation:
- Community Events are limited to the maximum of 3 sessions
- Due to the limited quantity of sessions, may be necessary to reduce the used physical space in order to support all the registered Community Events. The allocation of space will be done at the end of the registration period. Please note that the proponents will be warned (by email) when we get sufficient community events to fulfill the space reserved for Community Events.
- It is expected from those who subscribed an effort to "pack" their Community Event into 2 sessions, so we can provide space and time for other projects as well.
- As the Community Events are integrated into the Official Schedule of the Event, we don't have a flexible timetable. We will try to make it fit into the official schedule to help the proponents, though. For those cases in which we will not be able to make any adjustments, we will make contact with the main proponent (based on the order of submitted proposals).
- All the registrations will be evaluated by the the organizing committee of the International Free Software Forum and the approved proposals will be notified.
- The International Free Software Forum organizing committee will try to provide space for all the registered Community events. Unfortunately, some of them may not be approved.
- All the accepted proposals will be notified by the end of submission period.
- It is fundamental that you send the complete schedule of the Community Event with a brief description, for us to publish it on the Official Schedule.
This page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION and it will change in the coming weeks. Stay tuned and check back often to check the news!
10th Internacional Free Software Forum
24th, 25th, 26th and 27th of June / 2009
Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil